Brushing alone is not sufficient for maintaining proper oral hygiene. An important part of maintaining healthy teeth and gums is flossing. In order to avoid tooth decay and gum disease, proper flossing eliminates food particles and plaque from places that your toothbrush can't reach. RADIUS will help you with the advantages of flossing in this blog post as well as effective flossing techniques.
Why It's Important to Floss
For optimal oral hygiene, flossing is necessary. Lack of flossing can result in food fragments and plaque accumulating between your teeth, which can cause cavities and gum disease. In actuality, gum disease, which if ignored can result in tooth loss, is primarily brought on by plaque buildup. By getting rid of microorganisms that might produce odours, flossing also aids in preventing bad breath.
The Advantages of Flossing
- Avoids Tooth Decay: By removing plaque and food fragments from in between your teeth, flossing helps to avoid cavities. Cavities can be uncomfortable and expensive to treat, so prevention is key.
- Prevents gum disease: Gum diseases can result in tooth loss and is brought on by plaque accumulation. By removing plaque and bacteria from in between your teeth, flossing on a regular basis can help prevent gum disease.
- Freshens Breath: By flossing, you may get rid of the bacteria and food fragments that might give you poor breath. Maintaining consistent flossing can keep your breath fresh.
- Saves money: Dental problems can be expensive to cure, but flossing can help avoid them. Regular flossing might help you avoid issues and ultimately save money.
How to Floss Properly
To maximize the benefits of your flossing routine, proper technique is essential. The steps to correctly floss are as follows:
- Start with a floss piece that is about 18 inches long.
- Leave about 2 inches of floss between your fingers as you wrap the ends around your index fingers.
- To help the floss get between your teeth, use your thumbs. Don't snap the floss into your gums; instead, be careful.
- To remove any plaque or food fragments, bend the floss into a C shape and gently slide it up and down around the base of each tooth.
- For each tooth, use a fresh section of floss, and be sure to floss the backs of your molars.
To satisfy your demands, RADIUS offers a selection of flossing products. Their floss is sturdy and smooth because it is made of nylon. Natural wax is also applied to the floss to aid in its smooth passage between your teeth. Here are a few floss products made by RADIUS:
Vegan Peppermint Anywhere Floss: These sachets are ideal for flossing when traveling. Organic erythritol and coconut oil are infused into the floss which helps fight cavities, removes bacteria and whiten teeth.
Natural Biodegradable Silk Floss: This floss is an environmentally beneficial alternative to regular floss because it is made of organic silk. Candelilla wax, which comes from the leaves of the candelilla plant, is also applied to the floss.
Vegan Sponge Floss: Being both vegan and cruelty-free, this floss is a moral option for flossing. Additionally, it doesn't include PFAS, a chemical that could be bad for the environment.
Finally, flossing is a crucial component of maintaining good oral hygiene. Regular flossing can stop tooth decay, gum disease, and bad breath in addition to helping you avoid future dental treatments that will cost you money. By using high-quality floss products offered by RADIUS, and the proper flossing techniques mentioned above you can keep your teeth healthy.